We hope you will enjoy using the www.rovhub.com website (our “Website”) and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our Website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, circumstances where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure.
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of ROVHUB Limited ("we", "us" or "our"). We are a private company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC563369 and have our registered office at Union Plaza (6th Floor), 1 Union Wynd, Aberdeen, AB10 1DQ.
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to applicable data protection legislation. We are data controller of any personal data that you provide to us.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to us using the contact details set out below.
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect personal information when you use our Website and personal information that you give us by filling in the registration forms that give access to our ROV matching service and other services (the “Service”).
Where appropriate, we will also collect personal data about you from our primary contact within your organisation.
We collect the following personal information about you:
- your name, position, e-mail address, telephone number and organisation details;
- the financial information you provide when paying for the Service;
- your IP address and clicks on our Website from your use of the Service.
Why we need this information about you
We use the information we collect about you:
- to provide the Services;
- to help us with understanding more about how our Website is used; and
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. Generally, this will be:
- to enable us to perform the contract we have entered with you, including provision of the Service to you and matching other users with you;
- if required to comply with a legal obligation;
- if necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; or
- if needed to protect your interests (or someone else's interests).
Unless you are notified otherwise, we will not use profiling, or automated decision making in any form, to make important decisions that will affect you.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about our activities, we may send you communications electronically or by post. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you raised with us.
Cookies are small text files, placed on your hard disk by a web page server. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the Cookie to you.
We use encrypted information gathered from Cookies to improve your online experience with us.
We use per session Cookies which are deleted when you leave our Website. They help keep track of your progress so you don’t have to enter the same information more than once. More specifically we use the following Cookies which carry out the functions described:
- __utma – This is a Google Analytics cookie and tracks the number of times you have visited our Website.
- __utmb and __utmc – This is another Google Analytics cookie and acts to calculate how long you have spent on our Website in each session.
- __utmz – This Google Analytics cookie tracks what search engine you have visited the site from and which search terms you used to find our Website.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to restrict unauthorised access.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees and contractors. We may disclose your information to other users of the Service to allow, for example, users with whom you match to contact you. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, including to suppliers who provide accountancy, cloud computing, broadcast emailing and event management services. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Transfers outside the EU
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Union.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
We will generally keep your information as long as is necessary to fulfil our obligations to you after which this will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the reasons it was obtained.
You have the right in certain circumstances to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (if we are relying on your consent as a legal basis to process your personal data).
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information.
We have appointed Mr D. Gault as our Data Protection Representative who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us using the details set out below:
Mr D. Gault
Union Plaza (6th floor), 1 Union Wynd, Aberdeen, AB10 1DQ, Scotland, UK
+44 1224 460 400